Phone contact

+30 2310870670

or at

Online Hotel Booking

Reset filters

All hotels - restaurants

Lastest posts

Epidavrus Festival

Published on 2015-06-22



The rocky peninsula of the Acronafplia comprised the walled settlement of Nafplio from ancient times until the end of the 15th century.The Acronafplia walls bear witness to its rich history, which it must be confessed, is a little difficult to follow, due to its long uninterrupted inhabitation. The current form of the castle, although quite changed by modern intervention, basically crystallized during
Ancient Citadel of Asini
The ancient citadel of Asini is located on the top of the hill next to sea, about a km before Tolo. With an intense life from the early years of the Bronze Age, as it was shown by the findings of excavations, reached the top during Mycenaean before Geometric and Geometric years. The ancient city was mentioned by Homer in the Iliad, and was the inspiration of Nobel laureate poet George Seferis for
Kotsiomyti Museum - Physics History
At the Museum of each visitor has the opportunity to come and study tables illustrate and deliver comprehensible theory of evolution of life on Earth, from 570 million years ago until today.The displays of fossils the museum except out the huge collection of ammonites Epidaurus (Triassic period, phases' Karnio 235,000,000, 239,000,000 and Ladinio Anisio, 241.000.000chronia before ") and ammonites from
Another building of historical importance and offer in cultural events of Nafplio is "Trianon". During Turkish domination Trianon was mosque, while in the second period of Enetian domination it hosted Franciscan monks, cappuccinos and functioned as a Catholic church dedicated to Saint Anthony. In 1826 hosted the students of A' mutual-learning School in Greece.Today, it is used as cinema.
The Lion of Bavaria
In Michael Iatrou Street between the church of Aghii Pandes and the modern graveyard, the visitor will find an exceptional sculptured monument, one of the most important of 19th century Greece; known as the Lion of Bavaria, which dates from 1840-1841.The lion which is curved into the rock on a monument scale, seems to be sleeping. The sculptor of this beautiful monument was the German, Christian Siegel,
Municipal Theatre Nafplion
Municipal Theatre is located in Nafplio in the address VAS.KONSTANTINOU 34, Nafplio and contact details are the following: TeL. +30 2752023830 or +30 2752028607.The Subject Departments which have as an objective, and responsibility for the promotion and dissemination of theater and cultural enhancement of our region create performances with theater department, run seminars Plays with narration
The Armansperg Residence
This is one of the most important mansions from the reign of Otto to be found in Nafplio. The building originally dates from the second Venetian occupation, but it was rebuilt in 1831 and the second floor was added.The house was home to the president of the regency, Count Joseph Ludwing von Armansperg, during 1833 and 1834. Armansperg was a highly controversial personality and he has remained best
Archaelogical Museum of Nafplion
The Museum of Nafplion is housed within the imposing three storey edifice of square Syntagmatos. In its rich collection which includes exhibits from the Early to the Mycenaean era and historic times, but also findings from prehistoric settlements of the region.It was built during the second Enetian domination (1686-1715) and specifically in 1713 during the rule of Agostino Sagredo. By Enetians it
Mpourtzi consists the symbol of the city of Nafplion.The small fort on the island of St. Theodore. Mpourtzi, like many other buildings built in Nafplio by the Venetians in 1471 and according to others in 1473. It consists of a high octagonal tower, which is surrounded by low semicircular towers for the cannons to the east and west. A mobile chain closed up the entrance of the bay and Porto Cadena
The idea for Palamidi to be built had Morosini, Corner and Grimani. The plans were constructed eventually from Grimani, but the work was completed shortly afterwards by Agostino Sagredo. The entire complex consists of eight bastions which are connected with walls and communicate with each other. The fort communicated with the city by two roads, one was covered with a vaulted ceiling and later replaced
Syntagma Square in Nafplion
In the center of Nafplio is Syntagma Square. During the revolution called square plane. The square is surrounded by historic buildings such as the house of TH. Kolokotronis, the old parliament, the archaeological museum, the church of St. George and the palace Kapodistrias. Here were the home of several chieftains of 1821. In Syntagma Square warlords make their revolutionary plans. Syntagma Square
Old Town Nafplio
Old or Lower Town of Nafplion built on large rocks and extends from the old railway station, as the Bastion Five Brothers. Until 1470, it was an area that was flooded by the sea, except Psaromachala north-west slopes of Acronauplia. In the lower town of Nafplio encountered buildings of various periods, early neoclassical and Kapodistrian Ottonian period (1828-1865), neoclassical years 1865-1920, and
The Land Gate Nafplio
The Land Gate was built in 1708, by the French engineer, and succeeded the earlier gate dating from the first Venetian occupation. It was the only entrance to the city by land, in fact, the gate would be closed at sunset. Whoever remained outside after that time was obliged to spend the night outside the city, usually in the Pronia suburb. It front of the gate was a moat filled with seawater, which
The Clock Tower Nafplio
We will meet it in front of you, going up the road that passes through the Akronafplia. Undoubtedly this is the most beautiful part of the city, to enjoy the sunsetLocated going up the road that passes through the Acronauplia. Is the appropriate place where you can rest and admire the view across Nafplio.  Do not miss to visit the The Clock Tower in Nafplio!
Vouleftiko Nafpliou
Vouleftiko of Nafplio was built in 1730 for a mosque, consisting of a large hall and a massive dome. In the west there was a gallery with domes, but in the early 20th century was destroyed by an earthquake.  Vouleftiko of Nafplio today is shaped by the Ministry of Culture, it serves as a conference room on the ground floor and moved the Municipal Gallery with works by contemporary Greek artists, which
The Grimani Bastion-Nafplio
The bastion, named after the Venetian commander, Francesco Grimani, was built in the northeastern corner of the Castello di Toro. Construction began in 1702 and was completed in 1706, as part of the reconstruction work on the eastern wall of the lower city during the second Venetian occupation.The Grimani or San Antonio Bastion had 4 cannon positions which protected the Acronafplia and the narrow road
Philellinon Square Nafplio
The monument Philellinon Nafplio, located in the middle of the square, was erected in 1903 in memory of the French philhellenes who fought and sacrificed for the liberation of Greece during the Greek Revolution. The monument was designed in Paris, but was built in Athens. The collaboration between the Greeks and the French in this masterful artwork reward, being cataleptic spectacle!
The Great Street Nafplio
The "Megalos Dromos"in  Nafpliou or "Great Street", today known as Vasileos Konstadinou Street, was built to European specifications, on the initiative of Ioannis Kapodistrias, first governor of the Greek state. It was the most important street in the city in the 19th century, and this is why it was known as "megalos" or "street".It was the most important street in the city in the 19th century, and
War Museum of Nafplio
The War Museumin Nafplio is housed in the two storey-neo-classical building, where from 1828 to 1834 the first Cadet School or Central Military School operated. The founder was the first governor of Greece, Ioannis Kapodistrias, and the school's mission was to provide the army with suitably educated recruits. The Cadet School has been restored and since 1988 has housed the war museum a branch of the
Metropolitan Church of Saint George- Nafplio
The Metropolitan Church of Aghios Georgios is one of the most important and oldest churches in the city, and many great events from the Greek history took place here.The funerals of many famous figures from the Greek revolution were held in Aghios Georgios, such as Palaion Patron Germanos and Dimitrios Ypsilandis. It was here, amidst great solemnity, that the funeral service of the murdered Greek governor,
The Courthouse of Nafplio
The Courthouse in Nafplio, built with donations from the great Greek benefactor, Andreas Singros, was completed in 1911, from plans by Anastasios Stamatiadis.The entrance is decorated with the busts of Anastasios Polyzoidis and Georgios Tertsetis, two great figures, who served the Greek judicial system with exemplary consistency.In the southern section of the courthouse square there is a monument to
Town Hall- Nafplio
The renovated building in the Trion Navarchon Square in Nafplio, which today houses the town hall, has a long and interesting history.It was built in 1857 to house Nafplio’s High School, which was founded in 1833, during the time of King Otto. The original High School had only teo floors, but a third one was added in 1893 to house the Hellenic School.Then the High School moved to the second and third
The Three Admirals’ Square-Nafplio
Trion Navarchon Square in Nafplio, the Square of the Three Admirals, is dedicated to the memory of the admirals: Codrington of England; DeRigny of France and Hayden of Russia, who fought the Turko-Egyptian fleet in the sea battle of Navarone on the 8th October 1827.In the middle of the square is the funeral monument containing the remains of Dimitrios Ypsilandis, one of the leaders of the Greek revolution.In
Kapodistrias square -Nafplio
This square takes its name from the figure who above all others is synonymous with the history of the city: Ioannis Kapodistrias, the firt governor of the modern Greek state.The statue of the governor, the work of the sculptor Michael Tobros, was place in the square in the 1932 and its carved from marble.Kapodistrias is shown standing dressed in formal attire, leaning lightly on the trunk of a tree
Karathonas Beach- Nafplio
The natural bay of Karathona in Nafplio is one of the prettiest in the area and the beautiful sands make it an ideal place for a swim. Access is easy. Either by road on foot, continuing the Arvanitia Promenate.The archaeologist Evangela Protonotarioy-Deilaki found prehistoric tools, bones and ceramics in Kokkinovrachos, above the shore of Karathona.Do not hesitate to take your kids, your friends, your
The Arvanitia Promenade, as it is characteristically known by local residents, is one of the most popular walks in Nafplio. It starts at the end of the shore and leads to Arvanitia Sqaure, a total distance of about 1 klm. According to local tradition, this area was given the name of Arvanitia off these rocks that Kapetan-Pasha threw the Albanian mercenaries who had overrun the area in1779.In reality,
Children's Museum- Nafplio
In the old station warehouse, the Peloponnesian Folk Art Foundation has created a museum space dedicated to children called “The Stathmos”. The exhibition that is located here deals with objects exclusively connected to children: their birth, baptism, school, and their games as both objects and activities. There are also figures from puppet shows and the famous Karagiozi shadow puppets. At the
Folklore museum-Nafplio
The Folklore Museum of Nafplion, regarded as one of the best in the country. The museum belongs to the Peloponnesian Folklore Foundation, founded in 1974, named "Vasilios Papantoniou," to study, research and preservation, and the identification and promotion of Greek folklore wealth. Over 25,000 artifacts housed with rare collections of costumes, textiles, traditional dishes and a rich library. Stand

The village of Tolo is located at a distance of 12 km south of Nafplion and it is most built in a beautiful bay. Tolo today presents picturesque, romantic and undeniably beautiful characteristics.

Tolo has a beautiful beach, which has a great reputation throughout the region. The net sea, the expanded and fine golden sand (which very aptly name the beach Psili Ammos-Fine Sand-) and the proper organization are some of the reasons that established the beach of Tolo as one of the most popular of Peloponnese. In the area, there is an opportunity for all water sports.

In Tolo there are hotels, rented rooms and apartments of all categories. It is typical that people of all ages travel there. In this holidays' destination you will find families and groups of young people to enjoy the sea, sun and beauty of nature, to have a meal in the coastal taverns with fresh fish and seafood. But when night falls, their roads are divided. Some prefer to relax listening to the waves, plop in a quiet seaside taverna or cafe-bar, while others want to enjoy the nightlife in the region. In one way or another, Tolo is satisfying all tastes.

In 1718, Tolo was used as a Venetian fleet. A monument of this time is the small church of Zoodoho Pigi, built in 1688, the ruins of the fortress on the island Daskalio and the fortifications and ruins of houses and tanks across the island Romvi. During the years of Ottoman occupation, people lived in constant terror and that is reminded by Daskalio (school) that operated in the homonymous island in the Gulf.

In this «Hidden school» they were secretly trying to learn the language to children and their history and to replenish the national conscience. With the Greek Revolution of 1821, Argolida hosts the first capital of the newly established Greek state, Nafplion and the Greek government is trying to help the Greeks that fights against Ottoman occupation. Thus the resolution of the governor Kapodistrias in march 1831 begins an effort to restore those who were forced to flee their homes and go to free Greece. In Tolo granted land to refugees from Crete, who were trying to save from the clearing operations of the new conqueror, the Egyptian viceroy Mochament Ali, who was granted the island in return for services to the Ottomans. By Royal Decree in 1834 founded the town Minoa, in the port of Tolo, named in honor of King Minos of Crete. After the liberation of Crete, some of the refugees who remained in the region created a small, picturesque, fishing village that lived in isolation, its own rhythms, which in 1916 made the community Tolo. From the mid 20th century, with the background natural beauty of the bay, the serenity of the landscape and archaeological sites such as Mycenae, Epidaurus etc., Tolo changed and converted into a continuously evolving tourist resort which hosts tourists from many parts of the earth.

No entries found.