+30 2310870670or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Show on map
The bastion, named after the Venetian commander, Francesco Grimani, was built in the northeastern corner of the Castello di Toro. Construction began in 1702 and was completed in 1706, as part of the reconstruction work on the eastern wall of the lower city during the second Venetian occupation.
The Grimani or San Antonio Bastion had 4 cannon positions which protected the Acronafplia and the narrow road which led to the Land Gate.
The Grimani bastion in Nafplio is still in good condition and is visible from the Land Gate and Staikopoulos Park.